Wolf Creek Equine Hospital is a full-service equine hospital located in Lothian, Maryland. We offer ambulatory preventative and specialty health care as well as 24-hour in-hospital critical care and diagnostic services. Our team of specialists in surgery, sports medicine, reproduction, and holistic medicine are committed to providing exceptional patient care for horses of all breeds and disciplines. Click below to meet our team and learn more about what we have to offer you and your horse.
ALERT!! INFO ON COVID-19
As COVID-19 continues to spread, veterinarians have been classified as providing essential services to the community. We are prepared to continue business at this time especially for emergency services and emergency referrals. Governor Hogans recently relaxed restrictions on horseback riding and expanded elective procedures. This, along with AAEPs position that preventative health care and the exercise of horses is essential and necessary, we here at WCEH are beginning to schedule more routine horse husbandry visits, including equine dentistry, vaccinations, chiropractic care, acupuncture and lameness evaluations. To protect the safety and well being of our clients, staff, and veterinarians, we will be implementing some precautionary changes to mitigate the risk of exposure of COVID-19.
- We have asked any staff and veterinarians experiencing illness/symptoms to stay home and seek medical care.
- We are limiting the number of people in an exam room to one person per horse. We request that you do not bring additional people with you to your appointment.
- We are closing our waiting room during this time.
- If you have an appointment at the clinic, do not be alarmed that the gate to the property will be closed. When you arrive please call the main number 410-741-1473 and someone will be up to let you through the get. To check in remain with your horse, truck and trailer while waiting for your veterinarian. We will come out to check you in and get you when we are ready to start your appointment.
- If you have an appointment scheduled in the field, we will continue to take care of your horses, but will practice good safe physical distance and person to person contact.
- If you have an appointment scheduled with your horse and you are exhibiting flu like symptoms or have recently been exposed to COVID-19, please contact our office to reschedule your appointment.
- We will be increasing the frequency of hand sanitization and disinfection of equipment and common surfaces to help limit potential spread.
- Please wash hands and/or use provided hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting our facility.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. If an appointment needs to be cancelled or postponed, we will do our best to reschedule in a timely manner. Our goal is to ensure the health of our clients, staff, and veterinarians so that we may continue to provide care to our patients during this time.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Clinic Visiting Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Weekend and Holidays Visiting Hours by Appointment Only
To schedule an appointment please call the office at:
If you have a TRUE horse emergency and it is after office hours please contact our Emergency Line at:
Meet the Team
WCEH has 3 Full-Time Veterinarians, 1 Full-Time Equine Surgeon, 1 Full-Time Veterinarian Intern, 8 Veterinary Assistants, 1 Office Manager, 1 Human Resources, 2 Office Assistants, 2 Full Time Caretakers, and 1 Trainer.
To find out more about each person click here.
Featured Service: Performance Evaluation
Horses perform best when they are properly conditioned and feeling well no matter what discipline or level they compete in. Our sports medicine specialists can identify subtle changes in muscle, joint, nervous system, or gastrointestinal health before they become performance-limiting problems. A performance evaluation includes a thorough physical and palpation of the horse’s body as well as an evaluation of the horse in-hand and under saddle. Recommendations will be made for treatment or exercise regimens to strengthen areas of weakness and improve overall performance.
WCEH’s New Online Pharmacy
Get all of your horse’s medications sent straight to your door!
Keep Your Horse Healthy
Make sure you call to schedule Vaccinations
Click on a horse below to learn more about each topic.
- Equine Metabolic Syndrome (Insulin Resistance)
- Equine Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy (EPSSM)
- Exertional Rhabdomyolysis (Tie-up)
- Gastric Ulcer Syndrome
- Pituitary Pars Intermedia Disease (Cushings Disease)