Careers with WCEH
Wolf Creek Equine Hospital (WCEH) is seeking to add a hospital and ambulatory intern. Housing is provided for this position.
The intern is responsible for all daily treatments and care of hospitalized patients, and will gain exposure to seeing patients in a field setting. The intern is responsible for admissions and discharges of hospitalized patients and out-patients and assisting in out-patient work-ups in the clinic. The intern will be supervised in the care of ICU patients along with labor and delivery experience during foaling season. The intern will have anesthesia responsibilities for both routine and emergency procedures. The intern will be expected to attend evening emergencies with the on-call practitioner if not treating ICU patients. It is our goal to help shape our intern into a well-rounded professional, so venturing out into field services is encourage as the case-load will allow.
- Full-time with interns salary
- Housing provided
- Benefits package (insurance, continuing education, license)
- One-year contract position (June – June)
Must have or be
- US Citizen or working Visa
- Graduated veterinarian with doctoral degree
- Maryland license
Preferred skills and experience:
- Strong interest in ICU, anesthesia and nursing care
- Strong interest in reproduction and neonatal care
- Strong interest in field practice and equine wellness
- Passionate about equine veterinary medicine
- Team player
- Good communication skills
Apply now by contacting us below.